Join the STS Team!
Strategic Telecom Solutions is looking for fun, innovative and motivated individuals that can help us make an impact in the wireless industry. Join one of the most fast paced, exciting fields; As wireless continues to grow,
To apply, please complete the form below. You may view the available positions by clicking here.
so do the possibilities of our organization!
Reports to: President of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Southern California Region
Strategic Telecom Solutions is poised for growth, and we need people to grow with us!
Our mission: “Making mobility work for our customers” can only be realized via a strategic, professional sales effort, and that’s why we are hiring! We’re a team of passionate individuals; FUN, dedicated, and driven toward success. Great people, intelligently crafted strategies, and a progressive culture add up to unlimited opportunity.
As an STS Account/Channel Sales Manager, you will identify, recruit and develop a portfolio of partners to sell Geotab, the industry’s only comprehensive fleet management solution, to fleet and transportation managers throughout your territory. Your knowledge of transportation and telematics will keep STS at the top of Geotab’s reseller standings and assist you in achieving your goals
- Increasing sales (Your primary measurable)
- Identifying and winning profitable business (see above)
- Adding new customers & resellers
- Identifying and leveraging partner agents and consultants to represent STS mobility solutions through a variety of means including cold-calling, social and direct networking, leveraging existing relationships and appointment setting.
- Training and developing your partner agents on Geotab via in-person meetings, lunch-and-learn opportunities, webinars and participating in customer calls and appointments.
- Presenting STS solutions to prospective future customers and negotiating and closing deals.
- Creating mindshare within your partner base by consistently and effectively communicating industry and STS specific news, events and happenings.
- Qualifying and maintaining a pipeline of prospective customers through your extended agent base.
- Assisting your partners in gathering key customer information and consistently (weekly) updating the STS CRM database.
- Building company credibility, brand value, and trust with your agents and their prospective customers.
- Gaining knowledge, insight and understanding from key decision-makers regarding customer needs/challenges.
- Attending STS Corporate meetings in Las Vegas, NV
- Enthusiastically participating in STS-sponsored Training and Development events, courses, webinars and coaching
- Self-managing the number of agents and customers in your pipeline in order to meet or exceed monthly sales volume requirements.
- Participating in sales and channel development strategies to assist the company in optimizing information related to the industry and customer needs
Our preferred candidate has 3+ documented years of direct or indirect sales experience. Additionally, candidates will have transportation industry knowledge. An understanding of fleet management and telematics are extremely desirable.
This position also requires ready access to reliable transportation for frequent travel (up to 80%). Ability to be mobile and work remotely is required as is proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce (or similar CRM software). Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Please forward all inquiries to: email@example.com
Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Vice President of US Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing daily administrative and clerical duties for management to effectively facilitate and fulfill their job responsibilities. Must possess self-assurance and be capable of representing and communicating the Vice President’s vision and direction to management, co-workers, clients, vendors, suppliers, consultants and general public.
The position requires a thorough working knowledge and understanding of executive office business practices. In addition, must possess strong organizational skills with an ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality, accuracy or confidentiality. Must be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and prioritize well.
The position also is responsible for all corporate travel ensuring all travel meets the company’s travel budget guidelines as well as books all company travel accommodations, provides customer service, addresses any travel problems and assists in developing travel policies and negotiations with vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each of the following duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. This is not inclusive and other duties may also be assigned, as necessary. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Functions as liaison between management and various departments to facilitate smooth daily company operations and meetings
- Screens telephone calls and incoming mail/email at the executive level, and responds promptly to incoming correspondence as appropriate.
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar as well as schedules appointments and office meetings as requested.
- Communicates with internal and external business parties as needed on behalf of management to help facilitate day to day business matters.
- Prepares correspondence/presentations, reviews memos and reports, conducts research and prepares statistical reporting accurately and professionally on behalf of management.
- Maintains an extensive filing system for correspondence, business matters, and other related data. Maintains confidential records.
- Keeps executive updated on the progress of the project.
Coordinates and completes all company travel planning and accommodations.
- Ensures management is informed of deadlines and any obstacles to meet the deadlines.
- Schedules meetings, hotel, car, flight accommodations,
- Ensures that travel needs are met within the company travel policy and offers advice as necessary for complex travel plans.
- Ensures management approvals are obtained enforcing parameters with in the company’s travel policy.
- Maintains travel calendars and related folders/logs and reports.
- Tracks sales reps paid time off (PTO), ensures proper approval has been completed, and update management calendars when employees will be out of the office.
- Assists marketing department in regards to company events by assisting with the facilitation of operations, responds to emergencies, problems, etc., ensures assigned aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to plans, maintains records on event activities, progress, or status and maintains facility or event calendars, updating as necessary.
- Acts as office manager, maintaining facilities and supplies.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by coordinating preventive maintenance requirements and repairs with the IT Department. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and/or
- 5+ years previous executive assistant experience
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Excellent Organizational Skills
Strong Interpersonal Skills
Excellent Computer Skills
Attention to detail
Ability to Multitask
Expert Keyboard Skills
Microsoft Suite Proficiency
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Ability to work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
Oral Communication Skills: Able to speak and present clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Written Communication Skills: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Internet, Google, and Office applications; strong spreadsheet capabilities.
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting expectations/requirements of internal and external customers; gets customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside of the organization; builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Negotiations: Can negotiate skillfully in difficult situations; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; thoughtfully fashions creative solutions that satisfy all parties.
Organization: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipate and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Quantitative Skills: Advanced financial math skills are required as this position. Ability add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on most important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
HR Corporate Trainer
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Varies (40/Week)
The Corporate Trainer provides on-the-job education to newly hired employees as well as enhanced education to current employees to keep everyone up-to-date on changes in the industry that affect job requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To fulfill the obligations of this role successfully, the individual must be able to exert discretion and independent decision making and perform each of the following duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Strong communication skills, organization skills, and decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes are essential to the success of this role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required for this position. This is not a comprehensive list, and other duties may be required.
COMPANY TRAINING (employee)
- May also be assigned as necessary. Ensures that all training materials and programs are compliant with laws and regulations governing the industry.
- Provides online and conference call training sessions for offsite employees.
- Recommends management strategies to administration that are targeted for specific departments with the goal of increasing efficiency and effectiveness and generating increased revenues.
- Interacts with upper management to determine the specific requirements in each job description.
- Prepares electronic and hard copy training materials and presentations for employees and with the approval of management.
- Creates monitoring strategies to ensure the effectiveness of training.
- Evaluates job performance of members of the management team.
- Facilitates new hire onboarding training in partnership with HR Generalist.
- Researches recent trends & best practices in the industry and implements those that apply.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and all policy documentation; continually re-evaluates for cost effectiveness; recommends new approaches to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Some HR experience preferred.
FINANCIAL & COMPLIANCE
- Prepares and adheres to budget of human resources operations.
- Creates and presents Monthly Department Review (MDR) to Executive Management by managing data reports, and researching, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Ensures company is compliant with all federal, state, and local laws; studies existing laws and regulations and anticipates new legislation; oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports; conducts annual audits of employment files.
KEY COMPETENCIES & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of terminology specific to the company.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a compelling public speaker.
- Must have the ability to engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong time management skills as well as be an effective multi-tasker.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite including PowerPoint for the purpose of producing training materials and presentations.
- Must have excellent reading comprehension skills as well as the ability to be an active listener.
- Must have strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
Bachelor’s degree in education required
Bachelor’s degree Human Resources (HR) desired
Minimum of two or more years of corporate classroom training experience. Demonstrated competency working in a Windows based environment including keyboarding proficiency in excess of 45 WPM. Internet savvy and accustomed to the use of automated systems. Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Exceptional relationship building skills. Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies by reading technical manuals or consulting on-line resources. Demonstrated professionalism and poise. Ability to read, write and speak in English. Experience working with wireless or telecommunication technologies preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use). The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.